Friday, October 22, 2010

KEEP WORKING ON YOUR PLAN A

I listen to Steve Harvey's radio program. If you're not familiar with the show, he starts his show with a 12-minute inspirational message. He has shared this point numerous times, and I want to reiterate. I'm paraphrasing, but it's on the lines on having a plan B means that you're not serious about your plan A. Looking back on my life, I see where I have unknowingly implemented this train of thought.

I knew before leaving high school that I wanted to be an actress. So when I went to college, I immediately designated my major as Theatre Arts. As I went halfway through school, there were times where I thought to myself to add a minor or maybe even another major. But I didn't because I just simply wasn't interested in anything else. So I graduated from college in 1993 with my B.A.

After college, I went and got my REAL JOB so that I could eat, right? I hated every moment of it because it wasn't my passion. In 1999, I said to myself, "You have one chance at this thing called life. There are no do-overs. What are you going to do with it?" So my decision was made, and I never looked back. I remember one night when I went to the L.A. chapter of SAG for a meeting. There was a man who recognized me and said, "I remember when you told me that you were going to get into SAG. Now, I see you here at this meeting. Congratulations." That's the power of working your plan A.

So don't get off track with a plan B. I don't know about you, but I don't have the time to work two plans. But keep in mind that your plan A may rework itself in other ways. That's why I started this blog. Different times throughout my life I have written skits, poems, and the like to try to be an inspiration to people. Acting is one form of expression; writing is another. So don't give up on your plan A. It will be well worth the journey.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still working on my plan A. Thanks for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Baglady Work on, work on!!!!!!!!! Plan Bs are a waste of precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following plan A sounds great. Will keep your advice in my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Starlight I wish you the best in everything that you do. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) You can also follow me @ http://crazythaughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Starlight Thanks for the follow request. I was running late this morning and forgot to do so. Take care.

    ReplyDelete